The Enlisted Association of the National Guard of Kansas Auxiliary is announcing their EANGKS Auxiliary Scholarship 2017.
Deadline for submission of this new scholarship application is April 1st, 2017.
For more information and to download the Scholarship application go to:
If you would like to support the Museum of the Kansas National Guard, if you shop at Dillons, if you have a Dillons card, and if you would like to sign up for the Dillons Community Rewards program to support the Museum of the Kansas National Guard, it is a simple process and we receive a percentage of your total purchases. If you were already signed up in 2015, you need to renew for 2016.
Sign in at http://www.dillons.com/communityrewards and follow the instructions on the website.
The 5-digit NPO number for the Museum of the Kansas National Guard is 85714.
Thanks for your support of the Museum of the Kansas National Guard.
Ed Gerhardt, BG (Ret)
Museum Board of Directors
Great news out of NGB, the long awaited memo supporting Professional Organizations has been published and pushed out for Distro. Hopefully this document will be helpful to some, opening a door for you to talk with and address your Guardsmen about EANGKS and EANGUS or other similar organizaitons. This opens up the door for a few things that several have been needing, such as some use of facilities, unit briefings, distribution of publications and flyers, attendance at conferences, and the distribution of information. Most importantly, it supports the participation in several organizations, specifically naming the Enlisted Association of the National Guard.
The Kansas National Guard retirement services section cordially invites you and your spouse to our semi-annual Gray Area pre-retirement briefing. If you were or are currently a traditional drilling soldier and between the ages of 55 and 60 (over 60 if you have not yet applied for retired pay) you are eligible to attend.
When: November 21, 2015
Where: Museum of the Kansas National Guard, 6700 SW Topeka Blvd, Topeka, Kansas
Briefings Include: Applying for Retired Pay, TRICARE, VA, Annuity & Survivor Benefits, and more
Please register by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-274-1085 to reserve a slot. ID Card Machine will be available, must have 2 forms of ID. If dependent is not in DEERS, must have a marriage license to get an ID.
The Enlisted Association of the National Guard of Kansas is an organization comprised of Enlisted men and women of the Army and Air National Guard and their supporters who have banded together to pursue mutual goals in support of the National Guard and the national defense.
EANGKS proudly supports the following Kansas Legislative Priorities:
EANGKS State Legislative Priorities
· Fix statutory language that excludes more than 90% of Guardsmen from tax breaks available to full-time members
- KSA 79-5107 provides a two-vehicle tax registration break to AGRs only
- EANGKS supports changing the language from “full-time AGR member” to “member in good standing”
- “Member in good standing” is used throughout Kansas law to describe eligible Guard personnel
· Create a fund separate from State General Fund for Kansas Lottery Veterans Benefit revenue
- 40% of Kansas Lottery Veterans Benefit revenue goes to our state Tuition Assistance Program
- However, the money goes through SGF first, making it subject to budget reductions and sweeps
- Creating a separate fund would ensure ALL of the money goes to TA, as it is intended
· Protect the TAG’s Budget from further cuts.
- Allow Kansas National Guard members in state tuition fees at Kansas Regents Institutions–even if they live outside the state.
- Continued support for Suicide Prevention efforts by Kansas National Guard leadership and in Kansas communities
· Assign a special identifier for all military children in Kansas public school data systems
- Every Student Succeeds Act collects data on how military-connected children perform in school
- However, it does not include children with parents serving in the National Guard
- Children of Guard members face unique circumstances that affect their education
Go to menu “Membership” then “Membership Account” to join !
Be sure your profile has your current and correct unit.
Unit Leaders — you can check your unit status also!
You have two options to become a member with regards to membership application:
FAQ: What does it cost to become a member?
FAQ: What are life membership costs?
EANGKS, ATTN: Treasurer,
P.O. Box 841
Topeka, Kansas 66601-0841